The agenda for the Funding Levels and Funding Sources study group meeting is below. Hyperllinks in the text of the agenda were added by me. I personally will not be able to attend, but would be very curious to hear what this group discusses. I must express a bit of sorrow to see the study group meetings attended by less and less people: now is the time to help develop regulations. The funding sources and levels can be the way in which a community may avoid the “bust” half of the boom-bust cycle and actually use the profits from mineral extraction to make long term investments in the physical and civic infrastructure of the community.
FUNDING LEVELS AND POTENTIAL FUNDING SOURCES STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
April 22, 2013
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Archdale Building – 5th Floor Conference Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Introductions – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
3. Approval of the April 1, 2013 Minutes – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
4. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
5. Surface Land Owner Bond – Walt Haven, DEMLR
6. What would a NC Impact Fee Structure look like? – Discussion – All
7. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report and Report Drafting– Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
8. General Discussion – All
- Ad valoreum taxation