MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 14, 2014
Archdale Building Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
To join the meeting:
If you have never attended a Connect Pro meeting before:
Test your connection: https://denr.ncgovconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
Sign In Sheets
1. Call to Order – James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting – Chairman Womack
6. Committee Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee – Charles Holbrook
Rules Committee – Amy Pickle
7. Study Group Reports
Coordinated Permitting Study Group and Review of Study Group Report – Dr. Kenneth Taylor
Protection of Trade Secrets and Proprietary Information Study Group – Chairman Womack
8. Administration – Chairman Womack
Review of 2014 meeting schedule and proposed timelines
9. Overview of Proposed Revisions to the EMC’s Water Quality Rules – Evan Kane, DWR
10. Discussion & Action on Chemical Disclosure Rule, Chairman’s Mark – Chairman Womack
11. Lunch Break – 30 minutes
12. Discussion & Action on Setback Rule – George Howard
13. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
14. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.